TITLE: Director of Membership
REPORTS TO: VP of Operations
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Exempt – Base Salary Plus Commission
GENERAL FUNCTIONS: The Director of Membership is responsible for New Member recruitment and onboarding, retention of current member base, and member relations including maintenance of the Ambassadors, performing ribbon cuttings, and meeting BRE requirements as designated in the chamber’s contract with the NWA Council. Under minimal supervision, this position is responsible for selling Chamber memberships to prospective non-member businesses by communicating the benefits of the Chamber while learning how we can best serve evolving business needs.
- Contact, acquire and sell new Chamber memberships
- Schedule appointments and personal visits with prospects
- Achieve budgeted revenue goals
- Comfortable with working out and around the Bentonville area the majority of the time, with some occasional time in the office
- Actively seeks new businesses and follows up appropriately
- Maintains knowledge of goals, objectives and services provided by the organization
- Remains informed of member benefits, Chamber events, etc.
- Provides detailed information on various programs offered through the Chamber and orients the client to the organization.
- Schedule and execute Member ribbon cuttings
- Lead Chamber Ambassador program
- Conduct BRE interviews and enter into software program per the NWA Council contract
- Actively support and participate in Chamber events and programs
- Works to upgrade current and new members to higher levels of membership
- Works renewal accounts and targeted major accounts as assigned
- Assists Chamber members in taking full advantage of their membership
- Encourages participation and retention in the Chamber
- Attends regular sales/staff meetings
- Engages in neighboring communities (Bella Vista, Centerton, Pea Ridge) to serve and recruit new members
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organization, time management and multi-tasking skills, detail oriented
- Must have previous sales experience
- Self-starter with a professional appearance
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Excel and Word
- Must have/maintain a dependable vehicle with proof of license and insurance
- Ability to prospect/cold-call new businesses and to upgrade and sell major accounts
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Working knowledge of personal computers, basic computer programs, and databases
- Strong leadership and managerial skills
- One who can think outside the box to offer new ideas, concepts, solutions, etc.
- Capable of maintaining sensitive/confidential information
- Must be a team player that works well in an adapting environment
- Must have the ability to foster the values of member relations
- Exceptional people skills with an outgoing personality
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- The Greater Bentonville Area Chamber is a diverse, fast-paced, multi-tasking, member and service-oriented organization.
Interested applicants should send their resume to email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted through April 15th.