Every year since 1963, the President of the United States has issued a proclamation announcing National Small Business Week, which recognizes the critical contributions of America’s entrepreneurs and small business owners. The Greater Bentonville Area Chamber of Commerce will have a number of events to celebrate Small Business Week including our annual awards lunch in May 2020 honoring some of the best businesses, owners, and employees.
Nominations are currently open for the 2020 Small Business Awards.
- Small Business of the Year: This business has sustained growth, added jobs, increased in sales, overcome adversity, and contributed to the community.
- Emerging Small Business of the Year: This is an outstanding new business established in under five year with fewer than 25 employees.
- The Max McGaugh Legacy Award: This is awarded to a business that been a member of the Greater Bentonville Area Chamber for 25 years or longer. It has demonstrated a consistent track record of business health and growth, community involvement, and the collaborative spirit of the Bentonville business environment.
- Non-Profit Organization of the Year: This is awarded to a 501c3 that impacts people through advocating, enabling, and empowering the underserved, underrepresented or disaffected people of our world.
- Woman Owned Small Business of the Year: This business is owned and operated by a woman and shows evidence of success as measured by sales and profits, demonstrating entrepreneurial potential necessary for long term business success and economic growth.
- Small Business Owner under 30 of the Year: This is a person under 30 years of age, who is the owner of a growing small business that has created market disruption to achieve success in their industry.
- Minority Owned Business of the Year: This business is owned and operated by a minority and shows evidence of success as measured by sales and profits, demonstrating entrepreneurial potential necessary for long term business success and economic growth.
- Small Business Employee of the Year: This individual demonstrates the ability to respond efficiently to adversity and seeks professional development opportunities. They are an embodiment of the organization and contribute to their local community.
Self-nominations are accepted and encouraged! The Chamber will contact the nominee with details to submit an application packet on February 1, 2020. Thank you for your support!
Nominated businesses must be a member in good standing with the Greater Bentonville Area Chamber of Commerce and have 75-full-time employees or less.
To nominate a business, complete the one page nomination form below by January 31, 2020. You may also drop a paper copy to the Chamber office at 705 SE 5th St., Suite 40 in Bentonville.